Welding is a process of joining two pieces of metal together by heating the metal to its melting point and then using a welding rod to fuse the two pieces together. Welding is a very common process and is used in a variety of industries, from construction to automotive manufacturing.
Welding can be a very dangerous process if not done properly. Here are some best practices to follow when welding:
- Always wear the proper safety gear, including a welding helmet, gloves, and safety goggles.
- Make sure the welding area is clear of debris and that there is plenty of ventilation.
- Do not weld in an enclosed area.
- Keep your hands and feet away from the welding area.
- Do not weld if you are pregnant or have asthma.
- Make sure the welding rod is properly shielded.
- Always use the correct welding rod for the type of metal you are welding.
- Do not overheat the metal.
- Make sure the welding machine is properly grounded.
- Keep the welding machine clean and in good working order.