Welders should always have the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when working. Here are five types of PPE welders should have:
- Welding helmet: A welding helmet should always be worn when welding. It protects your eyes from the bright sparks and UV radiation.
- Welding gloves: Welding gloves protect your hands from the heat and sparks created by welding.
- Welding jacket: A welding jacket protects your body from the heat and sparks created by welding.
- Safety glasses: Safety glasses should be worn when welding to protect your eyes from the sparks and UV radiation.
- Ear plugs or headphones: Ear plugs or headphones should be worn when welding to protect your ears from the noise created by welding.